Nissan: Buying vs. Leasing, what makes sense for you?
Here’s a few things to think about when trying to decide whether to buy or lease a new vehicle. For some people the choice is just a personal one, other times, it may be financial. A Brand Specialist can walk you through more details and help determine what’s right for you. See our current specials and incentives for buying and leasing.
Purchasing from Nissan, allows you to:
- Build equity.
- Drive as many miles as you want.
- Travel with kids, pets, over gravel roads, and into ding- and dent-prone parking lots without worrying about wear-and-use charges.
- Carry lower limits for auto insurance than with a lease. (See your insurer for actual quotes.)
- Customize your vehicle (though this may invalidate portions of your warranty).
- Sell, trade, or transfer title whenever you want.
- Find purchase terms ranging from 12—72 months
Leasing from Nissan, allows you to:
- Get a bigger, better-equipped car than you could afford to purchase.
- Enjoy a new car every few years.
- Pay only for the portion of the car’s life that you use (which means a lower monthly payment).
- Receive tax benefits if used for business (depending on the lease, state, and tax laws).
- Invest any savings in appreciating assets (such as stocks, bonds, etc.).
- Spread applicable sales tax across monthly payments (varies by state).
- Enjoy end-of-lease options: you can buy the car, lease another vehicle, or explore other choices.
- Find leasing terms ranging from 24—60 months